When I took this photo, I loved it. [It's from this photoshoot.] I still do. I thought he needed to go into a painting. I still do. But I wasn’t brave enough for that, so I decided that I would draw him instead.
The result? This:
I know, it is not the same as the photo. But! I see my own mistakes! [gotta be a good sign right????]
- eye isn’t big enough for his head-size.
- the angle of the head is not as the photo.
- his beak is too big and not shaped correctly.
- his head shape is not correct.
- the feathers are not as in the photo.
That is what I see is wrong with the drawing.
I must say, however, that it turned out better than I had expected it to. Seriously, I didn’t think I’d get it half this good. It probably took me about three hours total to finish it. I’ve never worked so long on a piece of artwork.
Honest opinions, if you please, m’dear readers?