When Amanda first got her jar to review, I was curious as to how this oil worked. I had never heard of coconut oil before, as most people haven’t. But after she started using it and letting us use it, I saw what a great blessing it really is. It is the only truly organic Virgin Coconut Oil in the market and you can only get it from one place – Tropical Traditions.
I recently received a 32 oz. jar of Virgin Coconut Oil to review from Tropical Traditions. I can tell you, it is something you’ll want to try yourself! It is an amazing product. I loved it. I have used it a lot in cooking things, but we also use it for a facial moisturizer and a on burns. It makes the burning sensation you get when you get a burn go away faster than anything we’ve tried, including butter.
I also received a book by the name of Virgin Coconut Oil, which I greatly enjoyed. It was chalked full of info about VCO and about how the whole business of VCO got started. I especially loved reading about how they get the oil from the coconuts the traditional way, the way their ancestors did for centuries before them. It was interesting to note also from reading the book that most ‘organic’ coconut oils from the store that can be purchased are not truly organic. They explained all of that in the book.
Some of the things I have used it in for baking/cooking are -
Bread - I use it in challah bread too.
We also fried some things in it.
Don’t be alarmed if your jar of coconut oil liquefies on a hot day – its completely normal! I thought it weird at first that the oil once it reached a temperature below 70 degrees it solidified. But I learned much more about that in the book, as you will too. All in all, I loved the oil and the book, and will continue to use it.
Win It! Tropical Traditions is giving away one 32oz jar of their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil to one lucky reader! To enter you MUST visit Tropical Traditions, subscribe to their email sales newsletter, and tell me what other product you would want to try and why you want to try it. This is mandatory for you to win.
Extra Entries! You can earn by doing the following -
Tell me something else you would like from TT and why (1 entry)
Follow TT on twitter – @troptraditions (1 entry)
Tweet this giveaway using this tweet – (1 entry) you can tweet once per day and leave me the URL for when you do in a comment
@ACityOnAHill is giving away 1 32oz. jar of @troptraditions Virgin Coconut Oil http://bit.ly/uKfBH ends 9/20
Blog about this giveaway and leave the link in your comment for me to see (2 entries)
Subscribe to my feedburner (2 entries) – you must activate your account before leaving a comment for this entry
Purchase something from TT before this giveaway ends and get 10 entries (tell me what you purchased.)
That gives you six different ways, besides the mandatory entry, to enter. Make sure to leave separate comments for every entry. This giveaway ends at midnight on the 20th of September. The winner will be chosen via random.org and announced on the 21st.
The giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian residents.
You can also watch this video about VCO and about the founder of Tropical Traditions and how they came to make the VCO and sell it. It is truly amazing that making some thing the natural way keeps it organic and it keep all of the healthy things that the Lord put in it in the first place.
Here are the instructions for doing the referral program to receive your own copy of Virgin Coconut Oil -
1. Add the items you would like to purchase from the order form linked to Tropical Traditions. Visit www.healthybuyersclub.com/orderform.cfm
2. You’ll be directed to the Order Form at the Tropical Traditions/Healthy Buyers Club website. You do not have to be a member or purchase a membership to buy from Tropical Traditions. Membership in the Healthy Buyers Club allows you to purchase in bulk amount at club member discounts if you choose to join. If you choose not to purchase a membership to the Healthy Buyers Club please order under the heading “Retail Sale Items”. This will enable you to purchase less than case amounts of any of the individual items without a membership.
3. Select the items you would like to purchase.
4. When you are ready to check out please click on the “Continue” link which will take you to your shopping cart.
5. Review your order and then click on the “Check Out” button from your shopping cart.
6. Fill in your account information as directed. In the box: “How did you hear of us?” you must select: “Referred by a friend” on the drop down arrow. When you make this selection, a box for your sponsor’s User ID number should appear if you are a first time customer.
7. Enter your sponsor’s User ID number.
8. To complete your order click on “Save and Proceed to Checkout” at the bottom of this page and follow the instructions through the checkout process. You will receive an order number when you have successfully placed your order.
By following these steps, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy. Your sponsor will receive a coupon for a complimentary gift to redeem on their next order. You may view the current complimentary gift being offered here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com//referral_program.htm
I await your entries to this giveaway and hope you will share it with all your friends. :)